Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Start

Hello! Welcome to my blog!

I've decided to start this for a number of reasons. I want to write more. I want to take more pictures (and let them live somewhere other than in the depths of my phone). I want to be inspired to try new things and travel to new places.

Ever since my freshman year of college, my life has been a whirlwind of obligations and not much else. School and work consumed my life, and the only breaks I got were due to family emergencies. Sure, I spent time with my friends and had fun, but I wasn't really able to focus on anything other than what I had to do. There wasn't much room for things that I truly wanted to do.

I decided it was time for something new. Over the last year, I've made some changes. In August, my boyfriend and I filled his car with our belongings and moved from Florida to Colorado. The change of scenery was much needed, and I've fallen in love with the mountains. I changed jobs, too, from a soul-sucking sales position in a massive corporation to an office coordinator role in a small start-up. Again, major upgrade.

But there's still room for growth. I want to read more books. I want to bake more delicious things. I want to explore my new home. After living in the same state for my whole life, it's refreshing to live in a place with restaurants I haven't eaten at, bars I haven't frequented, cities I haven't even heard of before. I want to meet new people.

And I want to use this blog to chronicle all of this. I'm not quite sure what direction this will take, but I'm excited to see where things go.


No comments:

Post a Comment